Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can You Spare Some Change?

Mahatma Ghandi is quoted as saying, "Be the change you want to see in the world." 


I think about all the things I've seen or heard about that I wish wasn't going on in the world and my best idea to date has been to quit watching the news.  I have to admit I'm happier not keeping up with all the news, at least not the way it is typically reported, but my ability to ignore it isn't making it go away.


I'm thankful for great friends who have pushed me to do more, to get comfortable by going through some discomfort, to actually do things that look a little bit like what Jesus did. 


I hope my remaining days will find me being the change I want to see in the world.  Change that helps the poor.  Change that feeds the hungry.  Change that clothes the naked.  Change that gives shelter to the homeless.  Most of all, change that gives light to the lost, hope to the hopeless, compassion to the hurting, healing to the wounded and love to the lost, hopeless, hurting, wounded and lonely souls who need to know Jesus' love for them, who need to know there is love, mercy and grace in abundance that he wants to lavish on them. 


For anyone reading this, I would ask your prayers for some people headed to Ecuador later this week to be the change they want to see in the world that their efforts help people spiritually and physically and that they will grow in their effort to show others a glimpse of what Jesus looks like.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Any change that makes us more resemble Jesus -- BRING IT ON!

bartsirmandvm said...

I'm with you brother. Powerful things are happening in His name. Glory and honor to Him