Thursday, May 19, 2011

Catching Up

I'm behind.  Behind at work.  Behind on stuff I need to do at home.  Behind on Bible study lessons I need to complete.  Behind on school work.  I'm running behind and I can't seem to catch up but if I fail, I won't worry because some of the things keeping me behind are wonderful moments that allow me to see God at work.


I'm thankful for friends who share their darkest secrets and deepest hurts trusting that I will continue to love them for who they are in God's eyes.


I'm thankful for friends who encourage me to follow the teacher and his teachings to help the least of these.


I'm thankful for friends who are struggling with God's ways and share those struggles with me reminding me that I'm not alone in my own struggles of understanding "why?" may not be understandable in my small way of thinking.


I'm thankful for friends who accept me as I am at any given time - whether I'm on top of the world or being drug along the concrete by an imaginary bus that just ran over me knowing that the up's and down's are a part of a healing process that isn't always easy, isn't always pretty, isn't always without pain but a process.

I'm even thankful at times to be running behind.  It reminds me that there is much to do and getting comfortable and settling in isn't always a good thing if it allows me to stop obsessive pursuit of Christ and living a life worthy of his calling.

Maybe I'll catch up one day.  Until then, I hope my life is filled with moments that remind me God is in control when I don't understand completely and when I see his handiwork with perfect clarity.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

bartsirmandvm said...

I'm thankful for brothers like you, Jeff, who teach me that we can grow through our pain and mature in spite of our junk. I'm thankful that you sharpen me like iron.