Wednesday, September 01, 2010

More Chan Man

We started talking about ideas offered in the book Crazy Love by Frances Chan in class last night.  Thinking about it has re-energized my mind and heart for how I want to serve God and live in His will for me.  In the video clip we watched tonight, Chan talked about our prayer life and how we approach God - whether it be routine or whether we are blown away each time we come in the presence of God to talk to Him.  He related how, after reading Revelations 4, it stopped him and humbled him before talking to God and got him thinking, "when I come into the presence of God, what will be the first thing I want to say?"  Think about it.  We sometimes talk about the questions we want to ask but what will really happen when we approach the presence of God, the Creator of the world, the Author of life, the Healer, the Savior.


If you haven't read Crazy Love I can only ask why.  It will challenge the strongest Christian to draw nearer to God, to reassess their life and the path they are walking. 


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: