Monday, September 13, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

Today's title has nothing to do with the content of the post.  That's just the kind of day it will be.

I can talk Rangers again.  A 3-game sweep of the hated Yankees.  Let's go Rangers!  Cliff Lee throwing like Cliff Lee again.  Now if they can just figure out a way to wrap up games in 2 1/2 hours instead of 5. 

I got to spend part of Saturday and Sunday with my college roommate.  We were laughing about our conversations when we were 20 about what we would be visiting about when we were 40 and it's worse than we thought.  Ha.  Comparing injuries, illnesses, eyesight and kids...and sharing memories of the simpler days with a couple of other friends from college.  Other than the lack of sleep from talking, it was a great, great weekend.

Tomorrow I get to spend time with one of my very best friends growing up in Tyler.  I am excited for that time to get here too. 

I was listening in on a discussion between teenagers about the movie "To Save a Life" last night and, once again, blown away by their observations.  I think the hearts of today's teens are much more open to truly helping people than when I was a kid.  Maybe it's simply the observations from the jaded eyes of a 45 year old but these kids seem more in tune with acting in more loving and kinder ways. 

Ephesians 2:10 is on my heart of late.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I agree with your assessment of our young people. It is exciting!

I loved seeing the Rangers send the Evil Empire packing. But you didn't even mention the Cowboys!

Jeff said...

Cowboys? I'll wait until they start playing to mention them. I did hear there were some posers playing last night.