Wednesday, September 08, 2010

3...2...1...0!

What if today was your last day? 
Would you want to get square with the person who hurt you or just let it go?
Would you want to count your net worth or give it all away?
Would you want to catch your favorite TV show or share your hope with someone?
Would you want to surf the 'net or share a meal with your friends?
Would you want to swap gossip or share your hopes and love for those around you?
Would you wish you would have spent more time doing a million different things or more time trying to hear God's will for the days you lived?

What if today was your last day?
Would you be preparing your defense to give before God or preparing your thanks for all that He gave you?
Would you be explaining why you didn't seek to save the lost, why you didn't go where Christ went, why you didn't associate with the people Jesus tried to reach or preparing to share stories about the incredible opportunities He put before you?
Would you be thinking about how your did church at the building or how you took apart of church (his body) into the world?

What if today was your last day?

If today were my last day, I would be a bit confused because there are things I'm having trouble letting go of that I need to let go of.  There is pain, resentment, desires - there are things I am being challenged with that I'm having trouble letting go of and it's not the way I want to go meet my Creator and Savior.  There are things I need to work on, to pray about and to accept God's love and grace so that I may share what He gives in abundance.

What if today was your last day?

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

It seems so unnatural to live like that -- and yet that is the way we are SUPPOSED to live! It has taken tragedy in my life to convince me. And I want so much now to live a "no-regrets" lifestyle.

If today was my last day here on earth? I'd tell all my closest here on earth goodbye, and be giddy to see Jesus and my closest who are already with Him.

Isla Skylark said...

if today was my last day..i would find peace with it and find inner peace within myself so that i would have to regrets in my life and be prepared to see Jesus.