Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1 Peter 5:9 - 11 (NIV)
9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Today is a hard day, a day where my suffering is more acute, more pronounced than just another day.  At the same time, it is a very good day, a day where my suffering brings me closer to God, more in touch with Him being Lord in my life.  For that reason, I accept my suffering, even rejoice that my life has taken a turn that has brought this pain because it has brought me into communion with God in ways I have never experienced in my life.  The pain has forced me to examine my life, to examine my mind and to examine my heart and I have learned that for most of my days, I didn't know God intimately.  Today, I am experiencing a new level of intimacy with God and today I stand in my suffering knowing it is what has brought me to a place where I bow low before the feet of God and rejoice that He is the all-knowing God, He is loving and His mercy knows no bounds.

Today, a hard day in my life, I accept that while I might suffer for a season, God will restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast.  It is a day where I accept the pain and rejoice in what God will do with it.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: