Friday, May 14, 2010

The End of the Week Wrap-up

I went to a Rangers game on Wednesday night that was a great game.  The return of Derek Holland and six homeruns and a 10-1 Rangers win over Oakland.  I met some friends there and we walked to the entrance way with out tickets but they wouldn't scan.  On further review, we all realized the tickets were for Tuesday night, the 11th and we were there on Wednesday night, the 12th.  Oops.  It worked out well as we were able to exchange the tickets for some in the same general area, see a 9 inning game instead of a 13 inning game and see the Rangers win.  Cool!


I went to a funeral on Thursday.  Jim Barner was 43 years old on the day he died and one of the neatest people I've ever known.  He would drop everything to help anyone and never met a stranger.  The people speaking about him all talked about how he exhibited Jesus' life on earth and that is true.  Jim was too young to die and will be missed by so many but I believe today he communes with God and Jim has won the victory.  The line that stuck with me was "life is not about the duration but the donation."  Amen.


I wonder how many people who read my blog (maybe 10) and don't comment (8 - thanks Rick and Kyle for being my 20%'ers) think I've fallen and hit my head for bringing Buddha into the conversation. 


OK, I pulled up Google Analytics (free plug for Google) and 27% of my visitors come from Rick Ross' blog.  Thanks Rick.  I've had 17 unique visitors in the last month.  OK, that's a little depressing to my ego but I never really meant for this site to be for anyone but me so that's 16 more than I intended to ever see it.  It's obvious most people don't wake up wondering if I had written anything because they view nearly 3 pages at a time.  I've had 1 visitor from Cebu in the Phillipines and 1 from White Rock, Canada.  Seriously.  Also, Wal-Mart must be on to me because I had 1 visitor from Bentonville, Arkansas.  Someone from Humble comes back every now and then...cool...someone from Killeen and someone from Porter.  Where is Porter?  Fascinating stuff.  OK, I appreciate all of you but the Canadian and Phillipines visitors are really cool.  I'm international!  :)


Read your Bibles.  God wants to tell you something.


I was sitting in a room earlier this week a bit stressed so I opened the Bible on my phone to Psalms and decided to sweep my finger over the screen to let it scroll through the chapters trusting that where it landed was what God wanted me to read.  A friend calls it Bible roulette.  Anyway, it stopped, I opened and I read what I am 100% sure God wanted me to see.  He is sovereign.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

MichelleYates said...

ummmm so are you going to share the psalms verse...and is Paradise unique enough...lol keep up the good work.