Thursday, May 20, 2010

Comfort

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.   Romans 8:38-39  (NIV)



I made a statement in class Wednesday night that if you don't believe God loves you, you don't know God.  Now that sounds silly to some people but I know a lot of people who say they are Christians who don't know God, the God who loves them unconditionally, the God who doesn't look at them as someone who has failed but as someone who has promise and purpose, the God who will let nothing, NO-THING come between Him and his creation.  I know people who have separated themselves from an intimate relationship with Christ because they have sin, suffering, a huge burden that they don't want to share or release because of shame or fear and all they can do is stand apart from God because they don't know His love.  Oh, they still show up at church and do the right stuff but they are miserable inside.


God is love.


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8  (NIV)



While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Even in my sin, Christ died for me.
I sin but Christ still loves me.


God loves me, always.
Always.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

MichelleYates said...

today was really a rough day...i needed to hear that, I am so thankful that God has put people like you in my life....it is hard, I want to start blogging, but I just don't know where to begin...if I started today, it would be a shambles....what do you think.