Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my mom's 75th birthday. I know you aren't supposed to tell a woman's age but 75 is kind of special. I remember a few years ago when I thought 45 was "getting up there" but now that I'm almost up there, I have changed my point of view.

Mom, I love you and hope you have a great birthday!
__________________________________________________________________

I was in Bridgeport yesterday afternoon for my daughter's first track meet. She was running the 800m and I was laughing with a friend about how the race was considered a sprint in some regards but to us, it just seemed like a heart attack waiting to happen. My girl did well and I'm really proud of her.
__________________________________________________________________

I'm always a little surprised anyone is out there reading my babblings other than Rick (thanks for sticking with me Rick!) but I sincerely appreciate the comments some of you made about the blog while I take some time off. It's encouraging to know that some of the things I write are compelling enough that you come back. My hope is to keep going deeper in my relationship with God and hopefully encourage you to do the same. I realize we are all in different places at different times in our spiritual journey and I feel like my walk with God is so very new in so many ways. He is ripping away layers of self-reliance that I have tried to build around me and filling that space with His goodness. The process is not easy, even painful, but so rewarding.

I'll be back next week with my new word for the week - grappling. Thanks again for your comments and encouraging words.

God is so good.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Jones!