Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl

A great game. That sums up the Super Bowl for me even though the team I was pulling for didn't win. I didn't see any of the 1st half, much of the halftime show or many commercials but I did see Larry Fitzgerald do his thing and Santonio Holmes make some great catches - especially the last one in the corner of the end zone.
_________________________________________________________________

February is here meaning two things. March Madness and Spring Training are coming soon. Wahooooo!
_________________________________________________________________

Obama was cheering for the Steelers. I've heard both criticism and praise for a President who acts like a fan. I don't think I have any concern about the President cheering for one team over another but it would have been interesting to see the Cardinals at the White House and hear what was said.
_________________________________________________________________

Michael Phelps got caught smoking pot. The TV stories suggest that will cost him a lot of money from endorsements that get pulled. He made a mistake (join the crowd Michael) and I hope he will use it to make a positive statement about avoiding the pitfalls of evil. I saw Andy Pettite (pitcher for the Yankees) on TV last night speaking at a Baptist church in Dallas and using his experiences, good and bad, to encourage others in their walk with God.

We all face failures, some of us more than others, but we continue to get the opportunity to bounce back from them, learn from them and share what we have learned to help prevent someone from following the same path.

No comments: