Monday, March 02, 2009

Spiritual Journey

“But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.” (Job 23:10-11)

I love the words of Job. I have been and remain on a spiritual journey - one that will lead me to a destination of beauty or destruction depending on the road I choose to follow. As I look back on my trip, I see beautiful points I have visited and I also see some really bad places I was fortunate to make it through. Some of those places still leave images in my mind that I don't want to see again and I hope those images will help me better choose the path I take going forward.

I've been given a great GPS (God's Perfect System) and a navigator (Holy Spirit) that will help lead me to the mountain of God if I choose to listen. I want to take the better path, not that it will be easy but it will be the one where God is watching me, refining me and purifying me - turning me into gold. I want to be like Job, keeping to His way without turning aside.

God is so good.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I like your GPS illustration!