Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Ramblings

It's Monday and I really don't have much to say...or much I can put into intelligible thoughts.

The NBA All-Star weekend just passed and I saw none of it. I didn't even realize it was going on until last Thursday or Friday. The slam dunk contest is filled with a bunch of no-name guys unless you are a basketball junkie. Where's Kobe and LeBron? The dunk contest used to be Michael and Dominique - top flight guys in the NBA.

The good news is that we are in the midst of college conference games and March Madness is just a few weeks away. I haven't been able to watch as much college basketball as I'd like this year but the good games are heating up and I hope to see more in the coming weeks. I'm not sure who can stop North Carolina this year.

Is anyone following the stimulus bill? Has anyone explained how we are going to have to pay for it? Does anyone have any faith that it will actually help? It sounds to me like someone is just digging a deeper hole for us to fall into. Either that or the children of my children will be paying for it so we can put off the pain.

Have you ever noticed how people turn to God during tougher times? A country in crisis - fighting wars on foreign soil, in economic turmoil, slipping morality. I'm just thinking where so many people see fear, God is seeing opportunity.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Amen! And as people of God, may we think outside of our traditional boxes to see the opportunities, as well.