Thursday, February 05, 2009

More Change

Leon Panetta, President Obama's choice for CIA chief earned $700,000 for lobbying and "speaking" engagements to some of the same companies our government is bailing out. Obama is now setting salary for executives of companies we are bailing out. Oh yeah, he's changing things alright.

If the government is going to interfere with compensation (which is insane for many companies but stockholders have been going along with it so it's back to the reap-what-you-sow doctrine), I say bump the guys out who have put the company in a position to need a bailout. They are still rewarding the same people who have made the decisions letting them keep their jobs even if they only make $500,000 now.
__________________________________________________________________

I don't always put the word "President" before Obama when I'm writing. I mean no disrespect to the man or the office, I'm just trying to save some keystrokes. I think Obama has the toughest job in the world and I hope the very best for him. I don't care if a Democrat or Republican can end wars, restore peace and lead us to financial calm. I'm all for anyone from any party accomplishing that. I strongly agree with some of his social positions and strongly disagree with others. I just leave out "President" so I can type less. I'm pretty sure I did the same thing when referring to Bush and Obama already has me typing one more letter.
__________________________________________________________________

Kobe went off for 61 points a few nights ago. LeBron went off for 52 last night. I've watched highlights and it is AMAZING what those guys do with the bodies while shooting and fending off the defensive players. AMAZING.
__________________________________________________________________

Texas had another strong recruiting class sign yesterday. Hook 'em Horns! I hope Texas gets to play USC soon. I'm not sure who will win but if they played each other 10 times during the year I think I would enjoy it. Better yet, I'd like to see a pool of USC, Ohio State, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Texas and 1 or 2 others play each other all year. It would be like a playoff system.
__________________________________________________________________

Have a great day. God loves you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I am not defending Obama on this, but I THOUGHT I had read that he opposed the salary cap for CEOs.

What bothers me is all the pork in the bailout. I shouldn't be surprised, but it just seems immoral.

Rick Ross said...

Sorry, I don't know where I got that Obama had opposed the pay limit. I KNOW I read that somewhere day before yesterday. But everything I see now indicates that he supports it.

My bad.