Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Old Man Hoops

You know the good days have passed you by when one of your teammates comes on the court to replace you says "take a break old man." We played Victory Family Church last night and I wish we could play these guys every week. We pulled out a 50-49 win last night but every game with them is a good one. They play with great sportsmanship and with a fun attitude. As for the old man hoops, I think I'm the oldest player on the court and certainly can't run and jump with most of the guys I'm playing so it's up to my wily basketball skills to get position for rebounds and set lots of screens for my teammates. It's still fun for me to just be on the court and I went 2 for 4 last night.

Texas got beat by A&M. I'm not sure what's going on with the Longhorns this year but it's not good. Not good at all.

I'm betting on UConn and North Carolina to face off in the finals. I think North Carolina has more guns but the big guy for UConn is crazy to watch. He may be averaging 100 blocks a game.

I heard it's Michael Jordan's birthday. I remember making sure I was home in time to see Chicago Bulls games not long ago just to see Jordan do something magical on the court.
__________________________________________________________________

I was reminded of a quote by St. Francis of Assisi yesterday. "Preach the gospel at all times and, when necessary, use words."

Amen.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

"Old man"? Now you know how it feels:)