Sunday, December 16, 2007

Say It Ain't So Tony

The Cowboys lost. I missed the majority of the game thank goodness. I had one friend who Tivo'd it and went home to watch it after church. He would have done well to listen to my warning to avoid it. Does a near loss against Detroit and a loss to the Eagles represent a coming crash or just a rough stretch?
_______________________________________________________________

One of my favorite events is rapidly approaching. The Whataburger basketball tournament starts in a little over a week with another group of powerhouse teams from around the Metroplex and from out of state will meet in Ft. Worth. I'll probably take one day off from work to watch and catch the championship games on Saturday night. Yippee!
_______________________________________________________________

My 6th graders lost a game Saturday that they should have won. It was a heartbreaker because they played a great game but couldn't get the ball to fall through the hoop. We were playing one of those teams you really want to beat just because the coach was a loudmouth, hot-head. If my son was on his team, I'd pull him off. Anyway, I was just so very proud of my guys because they played as good as I could hope. We just need to improve our scoring percentage and keep playing like they did Saturday and they will be tough to beat.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I think our blog-minds are in the same vein this morning. Looks like a December meltdown to me.