Friday, December 07, 2007

Foggy Friday

Rumor has it we might get some "wintery mix" next week. I'm ready for the weather to go one way or the other.

I didn't get to hear Mitt Romney's speech yesterday about his faith and his desire to run for President but the excerpts I heard made it sound like he wasn't afraid to say he believes that Jesus is the Son of God and our Savior. That seems pretty bold in today's watered down, politically correct political world.

The crazy killing in Omaha at the mall just sickens me. It's definitely one of those "why God?" moments.

I'm stilling thinking about Jacob's lesson Wednesday night. I don't want any more storms in my life. The people who lost a loved one in Omaha are certainly in the midst of one. So many other people around us are in them too, some more severe than others, but all a storm to the one who is dealing with it. I like my life without storms yet I know that God allows them because they can and will draw us near to him. The other night when I was coming home from a basketball game and got the call that my mother-in-law was at the hospital with symptoms that were scary, all I could think to do was say a prayer and then turn on a song I listen to often, "I Will Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. One thing I know, the storms will come. I just hope I will learn to seek God in them so I can come out the other side of it closer to Him.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I have real mixed feelings about storms. I have been blessed (?) in that I have not had many storms in my life. Yet as I look back, it is in the storms that I come to a greater reliance upon God. So, should I wish for more storms? Ironic, huh?