Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Challenge

Decaturites awoke today to find a little ice on the ground. Brrr....

I was visiting with someone from the Tulsa area last night and she was telling me about the storm there and all the damage it has caused. She was talking about how dark it was at night with no lights on anywhere. I listened thinking how bad it must be but as tears came to her eyes, I realized how painful it was for the people who live in that area.
_______________________________________________________________

I was issued a challenge in class last night. The teacher issued a challenge to each of us to determine how closely we want to know God. What are we willing to give up to be close to God? What do we fear will happen if we really get close to God? How will our lives and earthly relationships change if we get intimately close with God?

It's much easier to try to bring God into my sphere instead of me stepping out of what I want and know into God's realm. I thought last Sunday how often I pray for what I want God to do for me instead of asking God to use me however He wants to.

I need to change my thinking. I need to go where God leads me. I need to surrender to Him.

No comments: