Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One Week

We're one week away from the big day when Santa comes to town. The excitement is growing for my two children as they started discussing last night where they would be in a week and what they would be doing.

I don't really want to know the day and time I will see heaven but I want to have the same excitement about that time that my kids have about Santa coming. I don't know when to anticipate Jesus coming but I do want to start being more focused in my excitement for what that day will be like. Imagine the gifts we will receive on that day. Imagine the joy and happiness, the sounds and sights. It will not be gift that rusts or will be outgrown or broken but a gift we have everyday. Imagine the excitement in the eyes of those who are there. Imagine being with the one who has given us the greatest gift of all...

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

"Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence? Or to my knees will I fall?"

I can only imagine.

Melissa Taylor said...

You're right - that will be the ultimate gift. I can't wait for that day.