Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm not a good business traveler. Yesterday, I spent a good part of the day in Dallas for a meeting and even though it was just a few hours, being in Dallas exhausts me. Today, my plan is to head to our store in Salado where I'll stay overnight to work on computers, meet new people and help them however I can. I never sleep well my first night away from home when I'm by myself. I come back even more exhausted than when I went. That stands in contrast to how I sleep when my wife is with me. As long as she is next to me, I can be asleep in minutes. I suppose it is a comfort factor, knowing she's close by. I appreciate and cherish that comfort.

I feel that way with my church family too and I feel it more today than I ever have before. I feel bonds growing, I feel comfort knowing there are people I can lean on and rely on. I feel God working in our church family, I see good things happening and I look forward to what is ahead. I am amazed by the love, the spirit and the talent of the people in our church and the desire to do some great things to the glory of God.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Jeff. However, I don't think I want to sleep next to you.