Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm having one of those days where it feels like it should be a couple of days later and I can't seem to finish a thought or idea. That does not bode well for blogging so I will just mention a few random thoughts from the morning so far.

1. Have you seen a video clip of the Nebraska meat packers that won $15.5 million each from the lottery. They were really funny. I hope they use the money well.
2. Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves wanting both rain and sunshine this week? The weather we are having is dreary.
3. I'm going to Tyler this weekend and will get to watch my dad coach a girls basketball team. I trust it will be fun and hope he doesn't disagree with a referee like he did in one of my games many years ago. Memories can make you laugh and cry. This particular one really makes me laugh.
4. Baseball season is fixing to start for my son and my daughter is going to give volleyball a whirl this year. I look forward to watching them but wish gas was $1.50 again (back when we thought it was expensive).
5. My basketball team finished 4-2. We should have been 6-0. Just goes to show what a couple of off days can do to you. Still, it was a great group of kids and a fun year. I'm already planning for next year.
6. I have been off-and-on with the Olympics. I keep hearing about the low ratings and just wonder why the lack of interest seems to be growing.
7. I keep hearing about the lady who is on trial for cutting off the arms of her baby and killing her. Her attorney is using the insanity defense but a lot of the testimony seems to hinge around her pastor and religious teaching. I can't imagine any sane person would do something like that but I worry, if the reports are true, about what this guy is out teaching to other people.
8. Last night at church was another study on the life of David. He did things that we look back on and think "how stupid" and then I look back on things I've done in my life and think, "hey, that was really stupid too." I read the Psalms and hear some of my pleas to God, only more eloquent. I see David return to God time and time again and know I can do the same. Whenever I make a mess of my life, God is there for me.
9. Kids are funny. Employees are mentally challenging. One good reason to be a coach.

I hope you have a great day! I'm going to try and get my brain engaged.

No comments: