Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm amazed at the rioting going on around the world because of a cartoon depicting Mohammed. It really makes me wonder about the hearts and intentions of people who join the Islamic religion. Then I think of people who label themselves as Christian and go kill doctors who perform abortions. What is in their heart?

I don't know what God will say or do on judgment day. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to sit in front of God and try to explain horrible actions and justify it before Him.

I cannot be tolerant of someone who makes fun of my beliefs, who speaks negatively of God and Christianity, who would try to take away my right to share and exhibit my beliefs yet I must fight against those things with the heart of God, with firmness heaped full of love and compassion. I must remember that in the end, their argument isn't really with me but with someone much, much greater than me and with someone who wields much, much more punishment than me. I must stand up against them to try and win them to God, not condemn them for their actions. Condemnation from God illicits feelings that go beyond what I can comprehend.

They will know we are Christians by our love.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'm really into the compassion thing right now. Maybe it's because I am so embarrassed by our past when we were so quick to judge. You are right about how we need to approach the world. Chris shared some right-on remarks, too.

I am not sure we wil ever understand the Islamic worldview. It is so different from ours. It is about like a Mac trying to understand a PC.