Thursday, March 15, 2012

Survival

I made it.  I survived Ski Trip '12 with the church youth group.  Woohoo!

There are several things from the trip I may cover in future blog posts.  A few things of note:
Lots of snow is a beautiful thing but I wonder how well I could spend a winter with it.
The sun is BRIGHT reflecting off the snow at the ski area.  Wow.
Fishing in the wind is hard.
Fishing in the wind is still fishing and better than just about anything else I can imagine.
Fishing without catching a fish is no fun.
Fishing without catching fish is better than just about anything else I can imagine.
The craftsman ship of God is so very evident in Colorado.  Heaven. On. Earth.
Every time I spend time with the kids from our youth group, I walk away humbled by their hearts.
Every time I spend time with the kids from our youth group, I look forward to the next time.
Our youth minister and his wife consistently blow me away with their love for youth.
Our youth minister and his wife consistently blow me away with their servant spirit.
Our youth minister's wife does a fair share of ministering herself.  She should be on the payroll.
I love being with member's of my church.  It is the body of Christ exemplified in so many ways.

That's all for now.  It was a good trip.  A tiring trip.  An uplifting trip.  An encouraging trip.  

Grace and peace.

No comments: