Monday, March 26, 2012

Legalism

Edited post:  There are things I say at the moment I feel strongly about that upon a night's sleep, even a short one, and a re-read I think it's something I said that didn't need to be said.

Yesterday, I was moved to speak to someone with whom I disagree on some points of scripture.  I won't say it was a great conversation because the point of the talk, letting them know I and others had been hurt by what was said initially, got drowned out in more of what had been originally said.  I guess I'll say there was more talking than listening.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me so I leave the conversation thankful I brought it up, thankful that it will bring peace to put it out there and thankful that confessing my hurt that I was holding will lead to healing from that hurt and moving forward.

There are things I don't always enjoy doing but that can be beneficial.  Yesterday was one of those days.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: