Monday, March 19, 2012

The River

I love fishing and especially love fishing the rivers of Colorado.  Last Monday, I was entrenched in the Arkansas River (when I wasn't untangling wind knots) working hard to ensnare a beautiful rainbow trout on the end of a small fly line.  I snagged one who jumped out of the water, spit the fly out, stuck his tongue out at me and chanted "nana-nana-boo" as he headed back into the water and swam away.  

I love fishing because it's fun to catch one on a little fly rod but, even more, I get to see the beauty of what God has created all around me.  The wind may be blowing too hard, the fish may spook too fast and the day may be one without netting a fish, but it's still a day in God's creation, up close and personal, and it's a day worthy of worship.  

Grace and peace.

1 comment: