Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm Mad Too, Eddie!

I don't remember the whole story behind the line, "I'm mad too Eddie!" but if memory serves me it had something to do with former Rangers owner, Eddie Chiles.  However, that's not part of my story today.  

There are days I want to be mad.  Mad at me, mad at you, mad at the dog, mad at the clutter in my life, mad at the cars on the road, mad at the people at work, mad at the dirt on the ground, mad at the chair.  Just overall being mad.  When I get this way, it's usually because of one little thing that's going wrong in my little world and it sets me off and the things I get mad at aren't the things that are causing the real problem inside of me.  I know people who live their lives this way and when I see it in others, I don't like it but when I do it, I don't like it even more.  Usually, that's because I've done something stupid while mad that bothers me even longer.  

Then, at some point, God intervenes and reminds me just how silly I have become.  This morning, it was a video clip of an old friend's son who is learning to walk again in a swimming pool after being paralyzed in a skiing accident.  WOW!  Does it mean I'm wrong for being upset by something that is upsetting?  No, not in the least.  However, it does remind me once again that if I just open my eyes I can see many, many people living around me who have circumstances that appear far worse than mine.  

I want God to keep my eyes open to what is really happening around me and that I will keep life and it's troubles in perspective.  There is a bigger battle raging than just the annoyances I run into at times.  

Grace and peace.

PS.  9 more sleeps until Opening Day!

No comments: