Thursday, March 08, 2012

I'm Off

I'm off my rocker.  That's no big surprise to anyone.

I'm off meds.  Well, I'm taking some medicine but I feel like I should be taking something that would make me feel better/more energetic/smarter.

I'm off my sleep schedule.  OK, I've never had much of a schedule but sleeping 4 and 5 hours a night wears the body down.  It makes me irritable and feeling more stressed.  Just ask the file cabinet I exhibited my stress to.

I'm off kilter.  People say things and do things that leave me wondering what the heck (yes, I went back and retyped the original phrasing) is going through their minds.  It drives me wacky.  Wacky mixed with irritable and stressed ain't no good thang.  It affects grammar also.

I'm off.  I leave Saturday morning at 5:30 in the morning (less than 4-5 hours sleep that night) for a few days in Colorado with my kids and a bunch of folks from church.  I can't wait to get up in high elevation, see the snow and know that I should come home safe and sound because I'm not putting my large frame on two little skis.  I'll be reading, studying for my newest class, catching up on some TV shows and movies and relaxing for the first time in a long time.  I'm already hearing John Denver in my head.

My prayer is that I will be open to using this time to let God speak into me, to be a Sabbath rest and to get re-oriented with where he wants me to go.  

Grace and peace.

No comments: