Friday, June 24, 2011

God's Provision

We will return to our regular programming, God's Provision, in just a moment.  First, please listen to this announcement from our sponsor, Camp Coldwater.  "Bad water = bad health, even death.  Please help.  Donate to Charity:Water through the Camp Coldwater link to the right and help give the gift of health and help save lives.  Thank you."


One of the chapters in my book (it's still in my head) comparing my walk with that of the Israelites is my take on God's provision.  He gives me everything I need.  When I need it.  Pretty simple, huh?  Of course, I want what he gives me plus a few other things and when he gives me some of those things I want a few more things.  Pretty goofy, huh?


A year ago at this time, I was going through some of the darkest days of my life.  I was questioning God and not sure I really trusted him.  My prayers had not been answered and my fears had become reality.  I felt alone and empty and felt like all the bad stuff I had done had finally caused God to give up on me.


I was wrong, of course.  What I have learned is that God went to the shed to get his hammer and chisel knowing I was ready for some work to be done on me.  That might not make sense until you watch this video: God's Chisel  by the Skit Guys (see more of their great work at www.skitguys.com).

It's a year later and a time that could be filled with sadness but God has provided again.  I'm traveling to Searcy, Arkansas with our church youth group for Uplift and will be presenting lessons on two days about faith and salvation.  It hit me a day or two ago that God has taken a time I could choose to run a myriad of negative emotions and fill those days with thoughts and ideas about faith and salvation.

Tell me he isn't giving me my daily bread.

I look forward to posting some things from Uplift in the coming weeks but in my absence next week, I plan to have links to several songs that spoke to me in dark days and helped me lift up my eyes to see Jesus at work and helped me open my heart to what God has in store for me.  I hope they may speak to someone else as loudly and forcefully as God spoke to me through them.

I believe that God is sovereign and he does and will always provide all that I need.  All I need to do is be still and be content in his provision.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: