Thursday, June 09, 2011

Don't Be a Wiener

Anthony Wiener is the new poster boy for sexting and the question of how much/far is too much/far.  He followed all the typical paths; denial, blame, shifting responsibility and, finally, admitting what really happened.  I've walked some of that road he's on (no, not the sexting part) of finding a million reasons and excuses for doing something wrong and then wanting to take the position that it's not my fault.  I think Mr. Wiener will find that owning up to his wrongdoing and, I hope for him, making significant changes in his life will lead him to a better road.


I met with one of my counselors Tuesday.  It's been awhile since I've seen Jerry, a good, Godly man who has helped me get off the road of denial and blame and shifting responsibility and has helped me get on the path that God wants me to walk.  Oh, I've ventured off of it but I'm better equipped than ever to get back on God's path for me and to seek him more than seeking my own pleasure.  I went back to see him because I don't celebrate victories as well as I suffer defeats and I wanted to celebrate with him and share in what God has done through him in my life and to talk about areas where there are still some cracks that need to be fixed...because I want more victory celebrations.


I hope Mr. Wiener will learn what I'm learning.  With God, you're either all-in or you're walking the other way.  There's no "I sent lewd pictures but I didn't have a physical relationship with them" with God.  My heart is either set on the things of God or they are set on the things of Jeff.  I still have moments where I hurt for not learning that lesson years ago but all I have is today.  Will I live it for God or live it for Jeff?


I want to live it for God.  I am not my own.  I was bought at a price.  This day, I want to honor God with my body, with my actions, with my words, with my thoughts, with every fiber of my being.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Great thoughts. I was proud to hear two secular counselors on GMA yesterday who both said that "sexting" is unfaithfulness -- and really left no wiggle room.

Is Weiner just "hot-dogging." Sorry, bad pun.