Monday, January 24, 2011

Uh Oh Spaghetti-O

You know you are in trouble when you are up with your mind spinning at an hour you expected to be long asleep while looking at the clock knowing you need to be up in less than 5 hours. 


Maybe I'll be able to address all that is on my mind at some point but not now.  For now, I have something that will probably bore some readers, repulse others and make some just click on over to the next place you want to go.  Hey, I don't care 'cause it's my blog, right?!  :)


I love music.  OK, I love a lot of different types of music.  I'm a loud and fast guy most of the time but I enjoy classical from time to time, blues more often, jazz on occasion, Robert Earl Keen/Lyle Lovett/Jimmy Buffett/Willie any time, Christian rock and pop most of the time these days, some country and yes, hip-hop.  I grew up playing basketball with some folks who listened to R&B/soul/rap and it's long been a part of my music repertoire.  Now, I've given the appreciation of it to my youngest child.  Uh oh!  Anyway, I've listened to several hip-hop artists popular today and like the music but don't care for the message...until my boy turned me on to Lecrae.  So, I've shared some of my favorite Third Day songs, some good Skillet music and now...crank up the subwoofers...here's Lecrae, Flame and John Reilly singing Joyful Noise.





Grace and peace to you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked it.

Beats the trash rap any day of Run DMC and Beastie Boys I used to listen to.

Rick Ross said...

I'm getting old. "I'm speaking about my Lard"?

Hey, whatever gets the kids to listening to a good message, count me in.

Jeff said...

Kyle, I knew there was a Beastie Boy inside you. Ha.

Rick, I've tried and tried to make the youth accept "Little Drummer Boy" as the song of this decade but they prefer something different. :)

bartsirmandvm said...

Cool. Loved it