Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Borrowed Material About An Easier Life

This is borrowed from Michael Hyatt's blog (http://michaelhyatt.com).


"Do not pray for easy lives.  Pray to be stronger men.  Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers.  Pray for powers equal to your tasks.  Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle."  -  Phillip Brooks, U.S. Episcopal Bishop (1835-1893)

I have long prayed that my life would fit into my neat, comfortable idea of what it should be.  This is a good reminder that my prayer should fit into the image of what God wants to do with it.  What can I be if I just let Him work in me?

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

bartsirmandvm said...

You WILL be what He wants you to be. All we have to do is allow Him to work through us. Easier said than done. I will stand with you and hopefully I can learn something as well.