Friday, January 28, 2011

The Things You Learn On The Internet

Using Google Analytics, I learn alot about my blog and who some people are that come to read it.  In the past month, I've had over 875 visitors and 22% of them were 1st time visitors.  I learned that most people come to my site directly followed closely by those coming from Rick Ross' blog followed by people coming from Facebook.  I had more new visitors from Rick's site than from Facebook and I had 1 person who had typed in "way out wise blog" in a search engine and found me along with some people who typed some random stuff and found me also.  I know where most of my visitors are from and can track some of them back to their IP address.  Freaky.  I had 17 visits from someone using software to make their IP anonymous.  I wonder why?  Anyway, for those of you who keep coming back, thanks...I think.  Maybe you enjoy torture.  And to my good friend Rick, thanks for being such a good marketing vehicle for me.  (That's how we look at it in the business world anyway.)


I'm so proud of my children.  I have recently learned things about both of them that just make me happy to be their dad, to be a part of their life, to know them and to watch them grow.  I hope I have a hand in helping them find their paths, I hope even more that they are learning to seek God and to listen to His desire for them and that they will follow His path.  I think most parents hope their children will be better people than the parent has been, that they make better choices, that they help more people, that they will know their Lord more intimately.  I know I want that for my children and I am so thankful I have the opportunity to watch them grow.


If I could ask one thing from you today it is to stop what you are doing and offer a prayer for the spiritual health of our children and that they will learn to see with the eyes of God so they may better understand the battle raging around them. It's a good prayer for all mankind but my kids and kids in general are on my heart today.


Grace and peace to you.

4 comments:

bartsirmandvm said...

You're a great Dad Jeff. You are patterning yourself after the Greatest Dad. You're kids see that even if you don't think so. Other kids see it, other parents too. I appreciate your efforts with our youth and I love your heart. I am praying now and will continue.

Rick Ross said...

You mean all three people who read my blog have gone to yours, too? That's exciting!

Jeff said...

Rick, the good news is that are 5 people.

Unknown said...

I am joining you in that prayer today. And I say amen. Thanks for leading it.

Interesting stuff about the analytics.

I'll confess my routine so you won't have to analyze me and make inferences:
1)My typical routine is sit down at my desk.
2)Turn on my computer.
3)My MSN webpage pops up.
4)I click to Hotmail and check email.
5)Respond to any emails as necessary.
6)I click on Rick's Reflections.
7)I read and sometimes comment.
8)I click on Way Out Wise from Rick's Reflections.
9)I read and sometimes comment.
10)After all that, I then begin to review patient charts for the day.

This all happens between 7:50am and 8:05am on Monday-Thursday.

On Fridays, like today, the timing is variable, but the basic routine is the same, except for reviewing patient charts.

So, I fall into the second category of coming from Rick's blog.

Now you have one less person to wonder about who regularly reads your blog.:)

Keep up the good blogging, by the way.