Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday's Flogging

...because reading this for a week has to be a beating...
I like that Jason Garrett got the head coaching job for Dallas.  I may watch them next year.
Can the Mavs survive without Dirk and Caron?  Or either?  It started off as a hopeful year but it's not looking good right now.
I've reinvested in the stock market.  Apparently, I subscribe to the "buy high" system.  For those of you not familiar with stock purchasing lingo, that is a bad thing.  I'll share some of my picks with you once the stocks are worth more than I paid and I look like I know what I'm doing.
I just spilled coffee on my leg.  No burns.  No lawsuits.
Someone is encouraging me to use my blog as a platform.  Dude, this is all about me.  Some days I'm just dry and some weeks I'm drier.  This has been one of those weeks.  (For what it's worth, I don't think any of my regulars know this encourager.)
As you are reading this, I'm either loading my fishing gear, on the way to go fishing, fishing or back from fishing.  I'm off to the closest river that has some trout in it and I'm going to forget everything as I work to make a perfect cast and hopefully land a fish or two.  I do nothing that is more therapeutic, more healing than casting a fly rod because it's about the only time I block out everything to focus on one thing.  I need more of that in my life but today, it will come through an almost weightless fly, a tight loop, a tiny ripple, and maybe, just maybe, a tug on my line from a hungry trout.

EDIT:  All that stuff above sounds good doesn't it?  Well, it's just too cold to get on the river today so I will be daydreaming about fishing.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: