Monday, November 01, 2010

More Or Less

Ouch.  The Rangers looked bad last night.  I was happy to attend a World Series game but I really hoped it would also be a Rangers win.  That said, if I have a team that needs 3 consecutive wins, I'd be glad to have a team rolling out Cliff Lee, CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis.  Let's go Rangers!


I spent the weekend in the woods of East Texas with 60+ teenagers for our annual youth group fall retreat.  I leave each year more awestruck than the year before at the spiritual depth and energy of these kids.  I see a group who is driven more by relationships, community and love than anything I have seen.  I would love to write about all that I saw and heard but it would take too much time.  I'll just say I feel very comfortable with the future knowing these young people will be there.


Our theme verse for this year is John 3:30, "He must be greater; I must become less. 


I must become less.  Less prideful.  Less worried about the future.  Less of all the things that take my focus off the cross and the power of the resurrection. 


As I sat in the woods during some time alone with God, I watched dead leaves falling to the ground.  Leaves that once were colorful and alive, now brown and dead.  My lifespan on earth is short, far too short to always be thinking about what I need and want, far too short to miss seeing the needs of others. 


He must become greater in my life, in my actions...in my heart.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: