Monday, November 15, 2010

Misfire

I'm not hitting on all cylinders this morning so this is just gobbley-gook.


I don't know how to spell gobbley-gook.


I hear the Cowboys won.  Yeah.  I guess.  I'm waiting for Spring Training.


The road trip was good.  Relaxing.  Too short in many ways, long enough in others.  I love the hill country of Texas and I love the Comal and Guadalupe.  I'm waiting for a sign that I need to live there.  On the river of course.  Near the good fly-fishing waters.


A guy in the Gruene Outfitters told me the best fishing for native trout would be in the next 2 weeks.  I haven't figured out how to make my return trip just yet but I'm working on it.


It would be nice to come back from a relaxing trip and have a relaxing week but that is not the case.  I have something every night.  There's a chance at least one meeting will get canceled so I can unpack.


I am thankful for good friends who take care of me and challenge me and love me unconditionally.  From talking to people, God has blessed me with more than other people have.  I hope to let them all know how much they mean to me in the coming days. 


If you know me, you know I think heaven has some beautiful trout streams running through it.  I saw a little slice of heaven this weekend.  God is an incredible creator.  He made so much beauty.  I'm guilty of looking around me and seeing it in nature but not in His created people.  Today, I want to see His handiwork in the people I talk to and to remember He is the Father of all.


Grace and peace to you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a relaxing trip.

In my experience, relaxing trips/weekends are almost always followed by semi-chaos. I wish it weren't that way, but it seems to pan out that way. I've just learned to live with it and cherish it for what it is.

I heard the Cowboys won too.

I'm going to have to seriously try that fly fishing thing. I think I could get into it.

Rick Ross said...

I'm sure there will be room in heaven for trout fishing. Just watch out, because many of those streams will be running through the golf courses.

Jeff said...

Kyle, I'm ready to go when you are.

Rick, I haven't fished in a hard hat and body armor but I'm willing to try it. Hopefully the rivers will only go through golf courses with highly skilled players - like yourself, of course. :)