Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankful For Friends

Before I get down to what I want to say...how 'bout that Colt McCoy.  Great game yesterday!

I deleted the post I had planned for today because a friend called me out on something I have said recently they don't agree with.  I'm thankful for friends willing to call me out.


Sometimes I talk way too much.  Some of you might find that hard to believe because I prefer not to talk much at all.  When I do, I'm thankful for friends who don't stick a sock in my mouth. 


I'm flawed.  Some of my closest friends know just how flawed I am and they keep on loving me...even when I do something I shouldn't do more than once.  I am thankful for friends who love me unconditionally and who challenge me to be better today than I was yesterday.


I don't always listen to good advice but I always need good advice.  I am blessed to have friends who don't tell me what I want to hear but what I need to hear.  Every now and then I heed their wise words and thank God for their presence in my life.


I have much to be thankful for, nothing greater than the thanks I give God for loving me in ways no one else ever has or ever will.  Nothing can make me more thankful than the love of my Lord.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: