Thursday, November 11, 2010

Third Day - Surrender

So this week's blogs didn't look anything like what I had planned.  Funny how life intervenes sometimes.


I've got some new stuff from Francis Chan to share and hopefully I'll get that out there next week.


We are studying his book Crazy Love in our youth class and I've got a couple of neat stories to share sometime.  I think teens and young adults have more spiritual maturity about them than at any time in my life.  In fact, I had lunch yesterday with an old friend who is a Campus Minister at SMU and asked him his thoughts.  He told me about a study done by some university that agreed with that - not that the kids agreed with everything we've grown up being taught or that I would agree with some of their ideas (no absolute truth) but they are more connected to God than my generation was/is.


If you know me, you know I love Third Day.  If you haven't bought their new CD, Move, then move now and go get it.  One of my favorite songs is Surrender.  Maybe the bluesy start has something to do with it and I do like the bass beat when thumping on my sub-woofers but it's the them of the song that connects.  Part of the lyrics say:


'Cause inside you find
That you are slowly dying


Some of us realize at some point in life that we are dying a slow death from the inside out.  Our body still functions but our heart is dying.  I was there...I was dying...and, praise God, in a time of brokenness He rescued me.  He saved me from dying but I had to surrender and I am still learning to surrender more and more to Him every day.

Surrender (click on the link)

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: