Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A War

There are some wars that seem like they will never end.  There is one going on between good and evil that will end one day and, fortunately, we know who the winner will be but it rages on today.  It is a fight for the heart and souls of every person walking the face of the earth and it is a fight that will have an impact on eternity for each of us.  Today, good friends are having to sit and wait as doctors perform an amputation on their daughter's legs.  All they can do is wait, think and pray and in those moments, evil is looking for a crack to invade, to divide and destroy. 

That battle is there for everyone of us all the time.  Evil comes in less vulgar forms than an amputation and it comes in more dramatic forms.  Evil waits, it is patient and it is shrewd - ready to take over when the opportunity is present.

I'm hurting for my friends today.  I'm heartbroken and wondering what God has planned for all of them and I'm praying diligently that they will see his will through this.  As my relationship with God grows strong and closer, I see the attacks better and being able to see them makes me stronger to fight them but I must be on-guard so I can be prepared for the fight.

Pray for the Ross/Bizailllion family today.  Whether you know their struggle or not, please offer up a prayer that they will see God, know his peace and be open to his plans for them.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: