Monday, February 08, 2010

I Need a Tank

This weekend was tough and the hard part isn't over.  The daughter of two dear friends is in ICU battling for her life.  One of our church members gave birth to twins and there have been and continue to be health struggles for both of them.  A missionary and his wife that I am very close to lost a baby in the early stages of pregnancy last week.  I'm hurting for all of them.  I know others who are battling different problems and I hurt for them too.  The positive thing about all of it is that it keeps me and many others in more constant contact with God, the healer and comforter. 


I'm tired of fighting but in the midst of the battle, I see God at work and that, all by itself, brings joy and peace in my life.  I wish I could lay down my weapons, relax and rest but it isn't time for that right now.  The fight for what is good and pure and noble and beautiful rages on and I need to be engaged.


I see God at work.  I know he is sovereign and he is working for the good of those who love him. 


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

Thanks for your comments - one thing I have taken from this past week is that we are all a family. We are special to each other. We are to lean on each other. We are to pray for each other and with each other. We are truly blessed, even in times of struggle.