Friday, February 12, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Wow.  How about all that snow yesterday?  We got somewhere between 8" and 11" of snow depending on where you measure and it was beautiful.  A lot of people are "snowed in" but it was great driving around this morning seeing the snow in different places and different forms covering the houses, mailboxes, buildings, bushes, trees, etc.  I'm not prepared for snow like this but I love it and hate to see it go away soon.


I hear the Winter Olympics start tonight.  It doesn't seem like I've heard much about it and my plans tonight don't include watching the opening ceremonies.  I'll try to catch Apollo Anton Ohno - I like that speed skating stuff - and I'll watch some of the downhill skiing and snowboarding events (if they are included this year) but not much else. 


I think a politician who doesn't open their mouth much has a good chance of succeeding more often than not.  That Debra Medina lady put her foot in her mouth yesterday.  Ouch.


I hope next week is a better blogging week.  My thought processes aren't working in a way that I want to write what I'm thinking this week.  Like a politician, sometimes it's just better to zip it.  So, I'll let Paul talk for me today:

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: