Monday, February 15, 2010

Chiseling

I had a conversation yesterday with someone I would have probably avoided a few years ago.  He recently plead guilty to a crime that would make most people want to throw stones at him at worst, treat him like a leper at best.  When I saw him yesterday, I felt some level of understanding of his pain and concern for how people look at him and simply let him know that I was praying for him.  I think it surprised him a little and, hopefully, gave him a moment of peace knowing someone else is out there lifting him up to God. 


Nothing I did is noteworthy but what God has done in me certainly is.  He is working on my heart, chiseling away at some gunk that has built up over the years.  He's cleaning it up and reshaping it back to the image he first made it.  There's a ways to go, a lot more chiseling to do and I assure you it isn't painless but so worthwhile.  He's chiseling away my conceptions of right and wrong so I can better focus on his ideas, he's chiseling away the way I judge people so I can begin to love them in whatever condition they are in, he's chiseling away my "what's in it for me" attitude so I can clearly think about "what's in it for him."  Oh, he has a lot of work yet to do, a long way to go to get rid of all the bad stuff I've packed in over 45 years but he's working on me.  I feel it.  I know it.  My hope is that my heart and mind return to the pure state he first gave.


Here's a video about God's chiseling.  I enjoyed it and while I can't remember if I've posted it here before, I think it's always worth a second look.


http://skitguys.com/store/detail/188/  Click on Watch Preview below the video and enjoy.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: