Thursday, February 11, 2010

Running on Empty

I'm running on empty lately, mentally and emotionally.  The thoughts and words are sporadic at best so today is just a day for some news and facts.


Jenny Bizaillion remains in ICU.  They are going to try and wake her up today and see if they can remove her from the ventilator.  They are asking for prayers that she remain calm when she wakes up so they can begin the process, otherwise, they will likely have to sedate her again and wait until another day. 


I cannot imagine what her husband, parents and other family are going through.

Go here https://www.carepages.com/carepages/JennyBizaillionUpdates and read the update for February 11th at 6:28 a.m. for a way to help.  David and Jenny do not have health insurance.  One of the Elders at our church has suggested in the update that if everyone who is registered for Jenny's Carepages update (over 4,000) gave $100, a big dent would be made in their medical expenses.  Fantastic.

Now to the less dynamic.

There is a good 3" of snow on the ground in Decatur, Texas.  It's beautiful and the good snowball-making snow. 

Texas will probably squeeze into the Big Dance but their play of late doesn't indicate they will get out of the 1st round.  Their play has been pathetic. 

Spring training is about a week away.  I was talking with someone in the Rangers organization this week and his excitement for what could be this year was energizing.  He's not one to get overly excited but he thinks they can really make a run for the title in the next few years. 

I used to think baseball was boring.  I now understand how many things are going on in a game and I can't wait for baseball season to start every year and I hate when it's over. 

That's all for now.  I'm worn out and have written nothing.  I'll probably take tomorrow off and see how it goes next week.

Until then, know that God is sovereign, that he is working in the worst of situations, that his love never fails.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff,

I've felt extremely fatigued this week as well. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Rangers this year. Hopefully, they can put it all together this season. I must say I'm not to sorry to see Tom Hicks out of the picture.

I thank God for what he's done in Jenny's situation.

Unknown said...

"too" sorry

I re-read my post and saw my typo. It's a pet peeve of mine.:)