Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

It has been one of those weeks where I need 6 more days to get things done I haven't accomplished and one of those weeks that cannot be over fast enough.


I had planned to write a bit about the State of the Union address but it's run out of steam in my head.  My summation is that President Obama said some things that need to be said and said some things I didn't really care for.  In the end it comes down to action and I still have little faith positive things will happen.


I have a friend on Facebook (yes, I do have 1 friend!) who lists "Bleak" under the Political View part of his profile.  That cracks me up.


As I write this, I'm listening to Third Day's "Born Again" and thinking they wrote it for me.  I feel like I'm born again.  I feel like I'm living for the very first time in my life.  It gives me chills because the words are me and I jump for joy and raise my hands in praise that I have been born again.  I feel like I have been given a second chance (even though I know it is really more like 2,222 chances) to really live, to know the power of God in my life, to live in freedom from sin, to experience joy like I've never know, hope I never imagined and peace that goes beyond what I can understand.  I'm still working through it all, still learning how to wear it and be the person God wants me to be but I'm excited about what he will do with me.  I'm offering up a prayer today for everyone who reads this to be prepared for what God wants to do in their lives too.  He will set you free, he will give you a life you have never known and all he asks is that you submit to his good and perfect will for you.  I am learning submission and I am finding an incredible God and Lord as I let go of my desire.  Hallelujah!

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: