Friday, January 08, 2010

Fiddlesticks

What an agonizing game for Colt McCoy last night.  Can you imagine standing on the sidelines for the biggest football game of your life?  I hurt for the young man.  I think his comments at the end of the game, or rather his silence, while trying to answer a question about how hard it was to watch from the sidelines spoke volumes.


On the other hand, if the second half is a glimpse of the new QB, Texas just may have a shot to remain contenders for awhile.  He looked like a big bag of nerves in the first half - and who wouldn't in that position - but he came back and showed some poise in the second half.


Alabama was a good team but I think Texas could have won that game without McCoy getting hurt.
_______________________________________________________


It's time to move on.  College basketball and spring training are on the radar.


Did you hear the Rangers made an offer to Vladamir Guerrero?  Wouldn't that be a hoot to see him belting a few out of the Ballpark but wearing a Rangers uniform?  I hope they can pull that one off.
_______________________________________________________


Christmas is over but is the giving season over with it?  I hope not.  I am more aware of hurting people than ever and know there are many who still need help.  I hope the Lord keeps my eyes open to those who need help, a kind word, money, whatever it is.  I want to share the CHRISTmas spirit all year.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I agree with your assessment of the game last night. It's a shame things happened as they did.

Saban's comments at the end of the game were very gracious. But the decision to score another touchdown when they could have just killed the clock with a 10-point lead leaves me wondering what ever happened to good sportsmanship.

Jeff said...

I agree on that last touchdown. I think they could have run out the clock with a bit more dignity.