Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crisis

What's the greatest crisis in our country right now?  The President?  Your 401(k)?  Health care?  Abortion?  Homosexual marriage?  Drugs?
__________________________________________________
I love Romans.  I don't get it all but I love it because every time I read it, something new strikes me.


Romans 11:33-36 - Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!  Who has known the mind of the Lord?  Or who has been his counselor?  Who has ever given to God that God should repay him?  For from him and through him and to him are all things.  To him be the glory forever!  Amen.


Amen.  I have tried to understand the mind of God but have halted the quest.  Could I ever hope to really understand?  I look back over the years and my life has been a mystery.  I look at the present and think about the future and it is a mystery.  How is God working in my life today?  I don't always know but I have halted my quest to understand and began my quest to simply submit.


The question was raised in our class of whether God is sovereign or whether we have free will and our wise teacher answered YES.  God is sovereign but he is not a sovereign God who rules with an iron fist.  He desires to be Lord of those who make the free will choice to submit to him.  It's an odd combination yet works hand-in-hand.  When we choose to give our life, our being, our heart to God, he is sovereign in our life.  We can choose our own path but we do so at the peril of following the wrong ruler.


Maybe it is only me, but I believe God became sovereign in my life only when I allowed him to do so by making a decision and having the desire to live in complete submission to him.
_______________________________________________


Oh, my thought on the greatest crisis in this country.  The state of the human heart and our relationship with the Lord.  Everything else is temporary.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Blatant materialism that has led to a "God wants me to be happy" mentality -- even as people all around us suffer.