Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Current Times

Today is a big election in Massachusetts that will likely have BIG implications for Obama's health care efforts.  I don't know much about either candidate other than one is Democrat and one is Republican but they are certainly making headlines around the country.  I hope the best person who will serve the people wins.

I heard a blip that today is the anniversary of President Obama's swearing in.  Only three more years until the mudslinging hits another crescendo.  Oh boy.

Obama has taken a big hit in the polls.  I understand the political system of fighting for controversial policies while you have political capital but I think the mistake he made was being led to believe he had a lot of political capital.  I no nothing about how to make it all work but I would think a President elected by a slim majority might want to spend a bit more time building more political capital before using it all up.  In other words, I don't think he had enough deposits in the bank for the withdrawals he is needing to make.  I wonder what would have happened if Obama had spent the first year building relationships, showing the compassion he spoke so eloquently about instead of creating a massive spending program.  I guess we'll never know.

As a 45 year old diabetic, I can tell you our health care system stinks.  Looking at other places around the world, I think our health care system is pretty good.  I think the last thing that needs to happen is for the government to get involved based on how they've run Social Security and a few other things they've done.

The most important news story yesterday - Wade Phillips' contract was extended. 

I had a good talk with a good friend yesterday about the power of God's word.  It's amazing how many stories God gives us to encourage us, to guide us, to help us.  Many of them I've read over the years with no real thought to what was being said.  Thankfully, I read today with much more depth and understanding and I have found words that comfort me, lift me up and give me strength as I battle through valleys and battles with the evil one.  God is so good.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

That election could be crucial. How ironic that the seat filled by Ted Kennedy, who championed health care for all Americans, may be the seat that defeats it.