Thursday, June 04, 2009

Not Much Today

I'm working on thoughts that might make the blog next week. It's kind my mental motor locked down right now.

ESPN's #2 Play of the Day last night - 2 clips of Elvis Andrus making some lights out plays against the Evil Empire. Rangers win! Rangers win!

I wonder what they will do with Vincente Padilla. I can't imagine they will get much for him in a trade but I wonder if they would want much. He's supposed to be the number 2 guy but he's a bit of a head-case. Dump all or most of his salary with the plan to bring in Ben Sheets and pull Perez up from the minors? Is a Blalock for a pitcher trade still in the works? It's going to be an interesting year.

Did you hear about the banker jumping from the 14th floor of a parking garage yesterday? Saw a snippet that the ME ruled he jumped on his own. Tragic. I can only imagine the pain that drove him to do that.

I've only heard snippets about Obama's speech in Egypt yesterday. I wonder how he's been received and I wonder how he's representing the USA. I used to be much more wrapped up in all of that but don't have near the concern or time for it anymore. I'm not too worried about what Obama is going to do because I have come to believe this country has been on a downhill slide for several years and it has little to do with who's in office but everything to do with the condition of the people of this country.

Kids sure spend a lot of time on Facebook while they are in school. Social media is one more avenue that good things can come from but a whole lot of bad things can come from. It's another one of those things that can be neat but we would not be any worse off if it went away.

I upgraded to 5MB Internet service at home. I'm not sure I can tell the difference yet.

I love reading Romans. There's more to learn every time I open it up.

No comments: