Monday, June 01, 2009

More 50

The 50th anniversary party for my parents was great. I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in 20 years and catch up with some of my high school friends. Of course, it wasn't about me but I enjoyed it. It was good to see so many people come, some from far distances, for my parents. It was special to see so many, young and old, come to honor them for 50 years of marriage and for being a part of the lives of so many people.
________________________________________________________________

The Rangers are still tearing it up. There's still room for some of you nay-sayers to jump on the bandwagon.
________________________________________________________________

More Oswald Chambers that struck me last week..."We seem to think that God wants us to give up things! God purified Abraham from this error and the same process is at work in our lives. God never tells us to give up things just for the sake of giving them up, but He tells us to give them up for the sake of the only thing worth having, namely, life with Him."

I have struggled with all the stuff I have and all the stuff I do and have, at times, agonized over what it meant for me as a Christian. Over time, I have come to realize that what I have isn't the issue. Instead, the issue is what I willing to give. Am I giving my money? Am I giving my time? Am I giving my heart? As I draw closer to my God, it's easier to understand that He isn't a God desiring to take away but a God desiring to give. If I am going to walk with God, I must be prepared to give and the life and things that I have will take care of themselves.

I am looking forward to finding what God calls me to give and I am looking forward to building my relationship with Him as I learn to be a servant.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'm glad your weekend went so well. Your parents are real servants.