Friday, June 26, 2009

Being Clear

It's hard in a short blog to always cover all the bases but I want to add a little bit more to my last two posts.

The finger I am pointing is pointing square at me. It's not pointing at my current church or past churches I have attended. It's not pointing at the church across the street or around the corner. Just at me.

Maybe there's a better way to phrase "my church experience" but it's all I came up with . Anyway, it's MY experience and it's MY heart that has needed changing all along. I will say if you felt your toes were getting stepped on you may want to examine your own heart but please do not think I was talking about you or anyone else.

I am growing and experiencing a new relationship with God and through that my eyes are opening to all sorts of things. My church experience was a part of that. Do I think there are lots of people out there who were like me? Sure. I am trying to point out their issues? NO. Just mine.

I have learned that my view is shaped in great part by my heart relationship with God. I'm sharing some of what I'm learning because a) it is part of my healing and b) it may help someone else who has traveled the same or similar paths to mine.

Please know and believe my desire is to build up the kingdom. I believe God is a perfect God and I believe His ways and His desires are perfect.

I love God and shout hallelujah that I am His.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Interesting how for the last 20 years, Michael Jackson has been the target of jokes and satyr, and now it is as if the President died.

Incredibly talented person! Perhaps as much as anyone in my lifetime. I am left to wonder how tortured his soul must have been. So sad.

Rick Ross said...

Sorry. I posted my comment on the wrong day.