Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Battles

The Rangers aren't surviving their battles against Toronto very well. Last night was so ugly I quit watching it. And Elvis made an error. I think the world's axis must have tilted off course last night.

I love Colossians 3:13. I have appreciated it for a long time but I have learned to love it powerfully the more I have come to know God.

I got an email that asks, "If satan and his demons were having a board meeting about their competition, would your name come up? Would they know you were a threat?" What a great question. How many professing Christians roam the world and pose no threat to satan? I ask because there was a time I was that description fit me well. I hope that's not true today.

More from Os Hillman:
If you are seeking to fully follow the Lord, you can expect harassment from the enemy. God permits temptation because it drives us deeper into the soil of God. These times reveal God's power to keep us and walk us through the temptations. Our message becomes fruitful when it is born out of obedience and suffering for His name. Do not consider it strange if you find yourself fighting major battles the more obedient you become to the Master. God desires each of us to become a feared enemy of hell in order to affect satan's domain. When you begin to feel harassed, chances are you are beginning to affect the kingdom of darkness, and satan doesn't like this. So, how many demons do you think are assigned to you?

I hope I lead a life that disrupts satan's plans and brings the light of God into the world. I'm still traveling a path to a better understanding and knowledge of God, of what the Holy Spirit can and does do in my life but as I walk, I hope my light will begin to shine brighter and brighter to a lost world that is full of satan's work.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

"Our message becomes fruitful when it is born out of obedience and suffering for His name."

This seems so strange. But the truth of it becomes more real to me with each day.