Monday, June 29, 2009

It's a Monday

I can't get going this morning.

I've wondered while watching all the Michael Jackson hoopla and Iran protests on TV what it would have been like if there was TV back in Jesus' day.

I enjoyed it while the Rangers were on top. Now I'm left to wonder what the rest of the season will be like. The past few years, the Rangers have started off horribly and finished strong. Maybe they are in a collective slump and will still finish strong and be in the playoff hunt.

I am a little concerned with all the trade talk. I don't think they are in a position to contend for a World Series spot this year so why trade the prized farm system they keep talking about. Play the string out and see what the young guys can do unless we can get a great deal.

The Angels are coming to town. We want learn everything over the next 3 games but we may learn about the heart of the team. I'll be watching.

I wonder how much more attention Farrah Fawcett's death would have received if Michael Jackson hadn't died the same day.

I love to grill but it's weird thinking about starting a fire when it's 108 degrees outside.

We've started a class at church titled "What Is Truth?" Pilate asks Jesus that question and then walks away. Why wouldn't he stay for an answer? We're just a few classes in but I'm interested to see where it goes. I keep asking myself what we have done to truth over the years. Have we really upheld truth or have we mutated it to fit our desires, have we legalized it thinking it would make it easier to follow? Have we stayed true to exactly what Jesus taught? Questions that I don't have all the answer to.

I know this...God loves me deeply and He loves you the same way. He paid an incredible price for me and for you because He loves each of us so much. That is truth.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Interesting how for the last 20 years, Michael Jackson has been the target of jokes and satyr, and now it is as if the President died.

Incredibly talented person! Perhaps as much as anyone in my lifetime. I am left to wonder how tortured his soul must have been. So sad.

Melissa Taylor said...

I am more upset about the death of pitchman Billy Mays than I am about MJ.